Tuesday, July 14, 2009

AREAS OF CONCERN 7: IMPROVE CUSTOMER RELATIONS SKILLS OF THE STAFF

Well, it looks like our “Nothing” Clerk, Barbara Johnson continues to do “Nothing” about everything including improving customer relation skills of her staff. Our “Nothing” Clerk, Barbara Johnson, has done “Nothing” about this because “Everything” is the same.

This is confusing (besides all of the “Nothing” about “Everything” bit) but if I recall correctly, didn’t she say during the 2008 campaign that “Customer Service” was “the most important challenge of the Clerks Office”? More on this in a minute. Let’s take a look at another one of her quotes.

In the SR article “Q & A Live: Clerk of Courts candidates answer your questions” on October 29, 2008, she said, “I am quite concerned that the attitude of my staff has been questioned!” If she was so concerned, why didn’t she do something about it? Because she is the “NOTHING” clerk!

Then in this SR article on October 14, 2008 she states, “The most important challenge the clerk's office faces is GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE. Good customer service includes knowing the job and doing it right.” It's quite obvious that she never has been, and never will be up to the challenge of providing good customer service to the citizens of Erie County; not only is the customer service not good and done wrong, if she did know the job, she would be doing it right.

Well, in this area of concern, as in all the previous ones we have written about, she again has fell far, far short of this goal.

I rarely deal with the Title Dept. but I think the attitude of that place is much worse than the Court Dept. Can you say S L O W ! ! My God, I’d love to light a match under some of their butts to get them going. My dead father can move faster than those people! ! ! And their attitudes are piss-poor at best and this was before as well as during Sandra Browns reign as Supervisor over there. I know a few people in the car business who deal with that office on a regular basis and it has been like that for years. A couple of car dealers take their title work to other counties because they don't want to deal with Erie County's Title Dept.

It’s interesting to notice that when I walk into the COC office (the Court Dept) while they put up a good attempt to act like everything is “Hunky-Dorey,” it’s obvious that it isn’t and some of them can be a bit short with the customers.

So I asked myself, “Self, what would I do to improve customer relation skills in the court house and why is there such a range of emotions within her staff?”

Well, let’s take a look at the attitudes of her staff. I noticed that there are those who are way over worked and over extended while others are sitting around chatting with each other or even on the phone chatting with (what appears to be) friends (personal phone calls). To make matters worse, it usually seems to be the same individuals doing the chatting and the same ones doing the work. Another cause of bad attitudes is the deplorable working conditions that they have to deal with. From what I have observed, the working conditions in that office make the working conditions in Sinclair’s novel “The Jungle” look like Utopia. Perhaps I might hang a sign over the COC office door that reads “The Jungle”….and I’m willing to bet our “Nothing” Clerk, Johnson will do “Nothing” about it. So, improve the working conditions and you have better customer relations within your staff.

Another way to do this is to send them to workshops about customer relations. But then again, “nothing” will happen here either.

A couple of no-brainers, but unfortunately, Barb doesn’t have the knowledge, ability, or care (and it is obvious that she does not care in the least for her staff, otherwise she would not have let things get this bad – with the burden falling directly on her staff) to do, so she does “Nothing” and knowing how Barbara the “Nothing” Clerk is, “Nothing” will ever be done about this either.

Too bad, and so sad; especially since OUR tax money is paying her to do “NOTHING” about everything.

To you the voter I ask: Does this look like she is doing the job that she was elected by YOU THE VOTERS AND TAX PAYERS of Erie County to do?

1 comment:

  1. As I have stated numerous times Erie County has been sitting on money from a Sheriff Sale now for over two years. The property was not sold at a Sheriff Sale because of foreclosure---instead it was sold at a Sheriff Sale in what I believe was nothing but a SCAM to keep from acknowledging the FRAUD committed on the property in 2002---FRAUD that the public officials in this County allowed.

    Nevertheless, I contacted four people today about the money that Erie County has been illegally sitting on now for over TWO YEARS. First, I contacted the Treasurer Jo Dee Fantozz twice. She was "busy" both times and never returned my phone calls. I then contacted the Sheriff's Department (Judy) who claimed they did not have the money---the Erie County Clerk of Courts did. I then contacted Barb Johnson, who told me she would check into it and call me back. I then contacted the Auditor Tom Paul, who said the Sheriff's Department had the money. When I informed him that the Sheriff's Department (Judy) claimed the money was transferred to the Clerk of Courts he claimed to know nothing. He also acted very belligerent. I then tried contacting Sheriff Lyons. (he's out of the office until Thursday) Barb Johnson then returned my phone call and after working on it all morning she is STILL trying to make sense out of the case. She could not understand why the Sheriff's Department transferred the money over to the Clerk of Courts to begin with and she is now going to send it back to the Sheriff Department!

    The point I am trying to across here is----BARB JOHNSON IS THE ONLY ONE THAT MADE ANY ATTEMPT TO HELP AND TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF WHAT WHEN ON HERE BETWEEN THE COMMON PLEAS COURT, (BINETTE) SHERIFF LYONS AND A DIRTY ATTORNEY FROM CLEVELAND TO COVER UP FLAT-OUT FRAUD ON PROPERTY.

    And you think Barb Johnson is the PROBLEM in this County? I don't. But I sure can tell you the names of the people that ARE! And the Erie County Probate Court is included.

    Julie R.

    ReplyDelete