Saturday, May 9, 2009

COMMENTS ON COMMENTS: 1

An anonymous poster on “Next Weekend Articles” article said,

“…why ‘insiders’ are eager to basically ‘rat on Johnson’….”

I get VERY LITTLE information from “Insiders.” I get 99% of my information from just being in the office several times a week and carefully observing. And when I’m on vacation, I have others (NOT from "inside" the office) that can do the same while I’m gone. I don’t use “Inside” information because I don’t want to put anyone’s job in jeopardy.



In the article “Areas of Concern 1: Attendance” ANOTHER anonymous poster wrote:
“…but I'll bet she never did anything illegal or went along with conspiracies to do cover up anything illegal. She just doesn't seem the type.”

You are absolutely correct, I do not believe that she did anything willingly or knowingly illegal or went along with conspiracies to cover anything illegal. You’re right again, she isn’t the type. She is just lazy and a horrendous manager.

ANOTHER anonymous poster wrote in the same article:
“I think this blog is excellent but I would like to make a suggestion.

I think this should be done to ALL the elected public officials in Erie County. Is the Prosecutor doing HIS job? How about the Assistant Prosecutors? How about the Common Pleas Court Judges? How about the Probate Judge? Are they doing THEIR jobs? How many vacations do they get a year? Are they in the office everyday? Are they following the laws that they took an oath to uphold or are they using their power to their own dishonest advantage? How about the Sheriff, the Auditor, the County Engineer and the Recorder? Are they doing their jobs? Are they in the office everyday? Are permanent records disappearing from the Recorder's office like records disappear from the COC's?

I THINK IT'S TIME TO START MONITORING ALL OF THESE ELECTED PUBLIC OFFICIALS.”

Thanks for the compliment Julie R.

I couldn’t agree more! I too think that web sites should be done to ALL elected officials to hold them accountable. However, the Assistant Prosecutors position that you listed is hired by the prosecutor; it is not an elected position.

How many vacations do they get and/or take a year and are they in the office everyday? Well, according to the Ohio Revised Code, an elected official only needs to be in the office one day out of 90. Yep, 1 day every three months! ! ! Well, elected officials USUALLY do not take advantage of that law except for Johnson in her first 5 terms when she was RARELY in the office. Now as for other elected officials (at least in Erie County), I know that they do not take advantage of that law because they actually want to do a good job and show “achievements” while in office; something Johnson was never interested in doing.

Are they doing their jobs? I must say that they are doing a much better job than Johnson because there are so many complaints about how her office is run. I don’t hear those complaints about other elected officials except from Julie R.

Julie R also commented,
“In addition, we might want to start monitoring one or more of the employees in the COC office.......”

Well, first of all, they are doing the best job they can with ZERO leadership. I give those girls a ton of credit for doing their job as well as they do (being soldiers in the field with no General to lead them). Let’s face it, Johnson has never been a manager or a leader for that office. Those girls are there fending for themselves. I don’t see what good monitoring Johnson’s employees will do when frankly, she doesn’t give a damn. That office will only be as good as it’s leader and for the past 20 plus years, they have had NO leader.


ANOTHER anonymous poster commented in the same article:

“5 prior terms and she has had no achievements? I think she should retire NOW! If not, that office will be in an even WORSE MESS by the time this term is over nobody will want it! Disgusting......”

I agree, she should have retired YESTERDAY! As a matter of fact, she shouldn’t have even run for reelection! What was the purpose of that? Of having the “prestige” in holding that office? Yes, the longer she is in office, the worse the mess will be. However, I’m sure there is some good-hearted soul out there somewhere that would be willing to take that office and turn it around. After all, her opponent Steve Schaeffer was willing to do it if he had won.

To you the voter I ask: Does this look like she is doing the job that she was elected by YOU THE VOTERS AND TAX PAYERS of Erie County to do?

Side Note: There are 5 “anonymous” comments in this article. As you can see, it’s hard to put an identity to these comments as I mentioned in this article. It just makes it a lot easier to ID posts if people would put a name to them; even if it’s a factious name (such as John Doe, Julie R, Cross, Buff, or the many others that post on the Sandusky Register web blogs). End of Side Note.

Well, ladies and gentlemen, we have gone a bit long with this article, so I’ll stop here. But we will continue where we left off next week, so stay tuned! ! !

8 comments:

  1. Response to Moderator from Julie R.

    Allow me to explain the comment "In addition we might want to start monitoring one or more of the employees in the COC office"....

    I saw lots of comments during election time how things disappear from the COC's office all the time. Suffice to say I did not make those comments even though I know of an incident in my own case where something I needed for an Appeal disappeared and didn't reappear until two months later. The point I was trying to get across was------considering how we all know that Barb Johnson was never in the office so we can't blame her, HOW are things disappearing from that office all the time? Are the employees allowing this or is this being done without their knowledge? Removing records from a public office is illegal.

    You say you don't hear any complaints about any other elected public official except from Julie R.....first, I certainly hope you are not referring to Kevin Baxter. Second, my complaints about the Auditor and Recorder's offices were about things that transpired in 2002. Considering how this a matter of public record on file in the Recorder's office I would have to say the Complaints certainly are not slander. Now take note we no longer have the same Auditor and Recorder as we did in 2002 so it should be obvious that the complaints aren't about Tom Paul and Barb Sessler. Nevertheless, I have seen a lot of complaints on the blogs about the Auditor's office.

    The complaints about certain other elected public officials? I won't even go there because if I did you would delete it......

    Thank you for allowing me to clarify a few of these discrepancies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Moderator:

    You claimed that the only complaints that you hear are about Barb Johnson-----that you do not hear complaints about any other elected public officials except from Julie R. Are you SERIOUS? I also do not think calling Barb Johnson lazy and a horrendous manager is appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Julie R: (1:54 pm post):

    You said, "considering how we all know that Barb Johnson was never in the office so we can't blame her, HOW are things disappearing from that office all the time? Are the employees allowing this or is this being done without their knowledge? Removing records from a public office is illegal."

    Yes, we CAN BLAME her for the missing documents and records because if she were in the office (like she should have been), she could have (or should have) addressed the issue. But since she wasn't in the office, she couldn't address that issue. JOHNSON and only Johnson is in charge of that office - SHE was elected to run that office and make sure nothing illegal happened (such as removing files or documents). So the blame is hers to bear.

    In my experience, the removal of the records seems to be done without the knowledge of the employees.

    And yes, you are 100% correct when you wrote, "Removing records from a public office is illegal.

    I must clarify something, when I said, "I must say that they are doing a much better job than Johnson because there are so many complaints about how her office is run. I don’t hear those complaints about other elected officials except from Julie R." I was thinking of the offices that are not so exposed to the public such as auditors, recorders, and the treasures offices. I know that is not the same for the Commissioners or the Prosecutors offices. So I apologize that I did not make that clear in the first place. Point well taken.

    To anonymous poster at 3:48:

    You said, "I also do not think calling Barb Johnson lazy and a horrendous manager is appropriate."

    Ok. She doesn't do ANYTHING in that office. She is in the office much more now than before the election, however, NOTHING (and I mean NOTHING) has been accomplished since November.

    Side Note: I have done more since February 2009 with this web site than Barb Johnson has done in 20 plus years as the Erie County Clerk of Courts! ! ! ! End Side Note.

    So, that shows me that she is either lazy, a horrendous manager, or both. NOTHING has changed in that office in over 7 (that's SEVEN) months! ! ! So, I would be interested to know what your take is on it. If she isn't lazy or a horrendous manager (and I will add she has absolutely ZERO, ZILCH leadership skills), what would you call it?

    Side Note: I will have another article up in 3-4 weeks about her lack of management and leadership skills. End of Side Note.

    I will be anxiously waiting your reply!

    The debate continues.................

    ReplyDelete
  4. To the Moderator from Julie R:

    Thank you for clarifying what you meant but please allow me to state this:

    You say that in your experience the removal of permanent records from the COC's office (that you agreed was illegal) seems to be done without the knowledge of the employees.....I don't believe this because in my recent experience I believe it was. And if you want to know WHY I believe this, I will further clarify. I also know (and have proof) that in 2002 permanent records pertaining to property were allowed to be removed from the Erie County Recorder's office.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To Julie R -

    Please tell why you think the COC employees had knowledge of a document or files being removed from their office. Please clarify.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To the Editor:

    I really don't believe that it's all that important if the COC employees have knowledge of documents or files being removed from their office or not. The real issue here should be WHY are the documents or files being removed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. To Anonymous poster on May 13, 7:32 AM (AKA Julie R ?)-

    Not only should we want to know, "WHY are the documents or files being removed," but also WHO is removing them. Those are the 2 big questions. I am confident that it is someone from outside the office; not any of the COC employees. However, and unfortunately, it is extremely easy to walk out of that office with documents or even entire files!

    One of the "Areas of Concerns" is No. 9, "Monitoring program to keep cases from being illegally removed from the office," which I hope to have posted sometime within the next few months.

    This is an "Area of Concern" that, as of date, Johnson has refused to address because she is an incompetent manager and leader. So as long as she is in office, I don't see this concern being addressed, let alone have the problem solved.

    I want to reiterate that this is happening NOT because she is involved in some "illegal conspiracy." Rather, this is happening because she is a horrendous manager and a completely incompetent leader.

    She is clearly the wrong person to be running such an important public / government office.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's not only Johnson that is the wrong person to be running such an important public/government office. The taxpayers are getting scr*wed over all the way around but who really cares? Sandusky is on its way out.

    ReplyDelete