Saturday, July 18, 2009

COMMENTS ON COMMENTS: 4

I was going to respond to Julie R in the comment section, but again it was too long. Also, this way I can leave web page links.

Julie R left a comment at the end of last week’s article claiming that recently during her probate issue she contacted Jo Dee Fantozz (county treasurer), Tom Paul (county auditor), Sheriff Terry Lyons, another official at the Sheriff’s Dept., and Barb Johnson. Some of these individuals either blew her off by refusing to speak to her, were out of the office and never returned phone calls, or were very unhelpful and “belligerent.” She claims that Barb Johnson is the only person that took the time to help her and get back to her.

First off, I would like to point out that it’s about time Barb did SOMETHING in that office. I have seen a “few times” over the “years” where she will bend over backwards for people that come into the office with a problem or complaint. But that’s all she ever seems to do because she definitely doesn’t seem to get anything else done, not does she seem to help other county officials or even her own staff.

Then, Julie R goes on to say, “The point I am trying to across here is----BARB JOHNSON IS THE ONLY ONE THAT MADE ANY ATTEMPT TO HELP AND TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF WHAT WHEN ON HERE BETWEEN THE COMMON PLEAS COURT, (BINETTE) SHERIFF LYONS AND A DIRTY ATTORNEY FROM CLEVELAND TO COVER UP FLAT-OUT FRAUD ON PROPERTY. And you think Barb Johnson is the PROBLEM in this County? I don't. But I sure can tell you the names of the people that ARE! And the Erie County Probate Court is included.”

As I have mentioned before on this site, (also in response to one of Julie R’s comments) about holding other elected officials accountable, “I couldn’t agree more! I too think that web sites should be done to ALL elected officials to hold them accountable.”

As I have also mentioned before, I have chosen to “watch” the Clerk of Courts office because this office has a particular effect on my life / business. Is she the only lousy elected official? HELL NO! But, as I said, she has a direct effect on my business, so that’s why I chose her. Perhaps after she looses the 2012 election, I’ll choose another government official to watch and start a blog about that office.

Julie R, I can see where you may be having a problem with some of these elected officials. I have strongly encouraged and suggested numerous times to start a blog about it. If your story is as accurate as you claim, then the citizens need to know ALL the details from beginning to present. This would be helpful to the “intelligent” voter (the ones who actually do their homework before elections and vote with their brains instead of party line) come election time. In the comment section on this article , you wrote, “This is why I have decided to take your advice and start a blog about the unfair legal abuse that is going on this county.”

Have you done so yet? If so, email me the link so that I can take a look at it.

In closing, I just want to reiterate that I think ALL elected officials need to be watched and their job performance should be continually monitored and reported to the citizens/tax payers WHO ARE THEIR EMPLOYERS. I have chosen Johnson to monitor, I would hope others will choose other elected officials to monitor as well. We need to take back OUR government one elected official at a time, not all at once. Someone else tried to take on everyone at once and they crashed and burned. As another blogger said, “we need to fight this war, one battle at a time,” and Johnson is the one “battle” I have chosen. I hope other “employers” will choose others to “battle.”

14 comments:

  1. No further comments from Julie R?

    Typical when you call her out on something such as starting her own blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's because Julie R is all talk and no action. She will Never, ever start a blog because she doesn't have any evidence to back up what she says! !

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Anonymous A.K.A. John Doe: You say no further comments from Julie R.? That's only because for some reason I can't make comments on this blog anymore. The comment I DID make was sent to the Editor's e-mail.

    Julie R.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To the Editor:

    Glad to see I am now successful in posting my comments again.

    As I think I told you in my previous e-mail I believe I was a bit hasty in singing the praises of Barb Johnson. I mean, the Sheriff's Department transferred the monies from an INVALID Sheriff Sale over to the COC's office in May 2007 and Johnson just "discovered" this after my phone call? What about my numerous other phone calls months ago? Why didn't she "discover" it then?

    I also told you in an e-mail that I totally agreed with you in reference to Johnson's failure (incompetentcy) of having no records online BUT I also asked you what you thought was the lesser of two evils here-----having no records online or having records online that are untrue and incorrect like another Erie County public office does?

    Julie R.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie R says that she can't make any comments any more on this blog, and then she posts 2 comments. What the #$^% ! ! !

    BTW Julie R, how's that blog start up going that you told COC Watch you were going to do? You mentioned that in the comment on the June 20 article with your comment dated June 22. That's over a month ago! What's taking so long? I can't wait to start reading it!

    And by the way, no I am not John Doe. He always leaves his name. Just call me "Julius R!" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. TO: Julie R -

    You asked me what I thought the lesser of 2 evils was: having no records on line or having records on line that are "untrue and incorrect."

    IF what you say is true about the on line records, then there are no lesser of 2 evils here. They are both dispicable and the office holders should be voted out of office.

    The above poster makes a good point (though rather sarcastically) about the blog you said you were going to start. If you had a blog, you could post the above said evidence on it. Have you started yet? If not, why?

    ReplyDelete
  7. To the Editor:

    Oh don't worry because I WILL start a blog.... but I have my reasons for not doing it just yet.

    Julie R.

    ReplyDelete
  8. To Anonymous: (John Doe?) If you are who I think you are you are fibbing when you say you can't wait to read it......more like dreading it instead.

    Julie R.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate to disappoint Julie R, but I ALWAYS leave my name on blogs that I write. I NEVER post them under "anonymous." like she does.

    This is the first I've visted this blog in over 2 weeks.

    However, I'm flattered that she thinks of me so often! !

    Perhaps her new nemesis is "Julius R." I thought that persons comment was pretty funny! !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Let's see if Johnson continues to be helpful to Julie R (including returning phone calls and emails and office visits) if she keeps after Johnson like Julie R does other elected officials, title companies, and attornies.

    That would simply be too much work for Johnson. One time is enough to help someone, but more than that? NO WAY! ! ! After all, as the editor states at the top of this site, she is our "Nothing" Clerk.

    Shall we place our bets now?

    ReplyDelete
  11. To Anonymous on July 30, 2009 from Julie R.:

    I haven't been on this site since July 27, 2009 but all I can say for your comment "let's see if Johnson continues to be helpful to Julie R if she keeps after Johnson like Julie R does other elected officials, title companies, and attorneys"......

    All I can say for that is.....if the elected officials (the ones in 2002 anyway) the title companies (one anyway) and ATTORNEYS knew how to FOLLOW THE LAW nobody would have to keep after them only so they can run and HIDE, would they? So in what capacity do you base your comment----an elected official, a title company or attorney?

    Am I right, JOHN DOE?

    ReplyDelete
  12. To Anonymous on July 30 at 7:17 AM:

    Instead of whiiiiining about the poor attorneys, a Sandusky title company or the elected public officials that Julie R. "kept after" try taking a survey of what others would have done. You might be surprised at some of the answers you get. So instead of whiiiining consider the poor unethical little babies lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am the anonymous poster from July 30. I need to clarify a few things. First I am not John Doe. Secondly, I didn't mean for my post to be sarcastic at Julie R. It was meant to be sacastic towards Barb Johnson because I have dealt with her a couple of times in the past and she was very friendly and helpful at the beginning, but later she would not help me by either returning my phone calls or emails. I ended up going to one of her staff for help (which is what I should have done in the first place).

    So after reading all the info on this site and Julie R's dealings, my original post was a Johnson slam, not a Julie R slam. Good luck in trying to get any where further with her Julie R, cause I don't think it's going to happen. I think she tries to be helpful at first, then realizes that she doesn't know how to handel the situation, so she just drops you like a hot potatoe. At least, that was my experience. Maybe she didn't want to ask her employees for help because that would have made her look incompitent.

    I'm sorry that you took my original post the wrong way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. To the Last Poster from Julie R.:

    I personally don't know why I even contacted Barb Johnson at all. I mean she certainly wasn't one of the public officials in 2002 that caused this mess by allowing a Lorain County attorney to file a fraud quitclaims deed in the Erie County Recorder office. Neither were all those filings in the COC's office by sneaky Cleveland lawyers her fault. Neither was it her fault that the Common Pleas Court ordered property to be sold at an invalid Sheriff Sale through an invalid Partition Action. Neither was it her fault that the Sheriff's Department transferred the monies that were left from the invalid Sale over to the COC's office after first taking almost forty thousand dollars right off the top.

    So I am admitting I was WRONG for contacting and "getting on" Johnson about this to begin with. But at least she tried to help as far as Erie County STILL SITTING on this money now since MAY 2007. That's a hel! of a lot more than the Sheriff's Department and the Erie County Auditor did!

    ReplyDelete